Thursday, March 31, 2022

i am losing my mind send help

 As you can see from the title, this is a really big call for help. I only have four days left of this project and I'm not done editing yet 👍 my teachers have been drowning me in homework and assignments and tests and I am so done but this project needs my full attention right now. I'm really trying here but I can only record my foleys tomorrow because I'll be home alone and it's just the best time to record audios, so I've taken it upon myself to finish every other audio and the credits/title by tonight. It's 11:30 pm right now and I wish to scream. BUT I HAVE gotten a lot done today. Aneesa sent me most of the voice-overs and I was able to add them to the film which is looking great, and also I added the music!!! And I got the low pass filter to work!!! I have to think the guy from this video for helping me along the way, you're a real one dude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBEaZMcD48&ab_channel=LearnHowToEditStuff

I also got the music from this website!! https://www.epidemicsound.com/music/search/?term=edm%20party%20music Royalty-free!!! It was so hard trying to find a song that fit you have no idea, because all I wanted was a simple electronic beat to play in the background, nothing else, but every electronic piece I found was so elaborate and just would completely distract the viewer from yknow the plot of the film. But I did I found one that worked and I messed with the low pass filter and the level of the audio and finally got a good balance!! 

But anyway, I got a lot done. Not as much as I wished to but a lot nonetheless. Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut, exciting but unrelated to this. Once I get back home I'll immediately go record the foleys and then go record the CCR. Which I already have an idea for, and I'll be posting the questions and everything (preparations) tomorrow so stay tuned for that. But yeah I still need to do the script for that as well, though I doubt I'll follow it I like to speak more naturally. 

Guess who layered like 7 tracks of just voice-overs tonightttt and had to alter the volume and everything for every since track 😀 just a hint they're writing this post right now. God, I'm so tired but it'll all be worth it in the end!! Hopefully!! Or I'll cry!!! I had to layer the voice-overs because of the one-shot where Rhia's all overwhelmed and the voices get too loud and stuff so I wanted a lot of different voices saying different mean things one over the other to create that feeling of being overwhelmed, and for Rhia to snap. 


Guess what I also decided today!!! Fonts and titles!!! I am never liking fonts ever again oh my goodness it took me a good 20 minutes to decide on fonts I remotely liked. I know I made a whole post about fonts but I had no idea how to add those fonts to premiere 😐 so I had to go on creative cloud and download some fonts from premiere itself, googled how to do that btw. 


But anyways after this whole fiasco, I had to decide what fonts to use (totally just went by vibes ngl) and I!! Had to!!! Decide!! A title!!! I'd been trying to think of one for so long but I seriously couldn't think of anything. So then I thought, my piece is mainly about anxiety. What about something with anxiety medication? I googled some of them (Lexapro, Zoloft, etc) but they all looked like Lord of the Rings character names to me. But then, I had one, brilliant thought. Medicate. It's perfect. It's simple, it's catchy, it fits the plot, it's powerful. I loved it so much. So that's what I went with :D  The fonts are still not 100%, might change something idk yet but I really hope I can finish this on time I Am Stressing So Much.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....