Tuesday, November 9, 2021

First Things First

 Ostranenie means encouraging people to see common things as strange, wild, or unfamiliar; defamiliarizing what is known in order to know it differently or more deeply. I chose this name for my blog because that is exactly what I strive for when using this platform to talk about different kinds of media and the effect it has on our lives.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Julie, and I created this blog not only because I was required to by my AICE Media Studies class, but because I want to debunk this great matter that we deal with daily: the media.

Have you ever actually thought about what you are consuming in the media world? Or if and how the people in charge knew exactly what to do to grab your attention and profit from it? Chances are you have not just like most of the population. But hopefully, after reading some of my posts you will start to see this audience-centered mass-producing business with other eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....