Thursday, March 24, 2022

good news and bad news

 hi!! It's been a minute!! It's currently spring break and I'm enjoying my sweet sweet break from the craziness of school so that's why I haven't posted this week yet, but it also means I have a lot to update you on. Of course, I still had to work on this project during my break which isn't the best but I'm managing, and while in a hotel in Orlando (very convenient LOL) I picked up my laptop and decided I had to get something done this week. So I did, and I got good results!! Buttttttt also bad ones.

Starting with the good ones for some positive energy! I settled on a timeline I liked for the film (visual editing only) as well as created my production company logo thingy! It's called Plumeria Productions because I love flowers and I liked the alliteration, plus the design looked adorable with the little flower theme! (I mean cmonnn look at it) It's quite simplistic but with just the right amount of detailing for it to be memorable :D (I also used Canva for the design)


Now onto the bad news :(  I've encountered some problems that I'm not sure how to fix yet. I'm gonna start working on it right now searching for tutorials or coming up with alternatives anything to avoid having to refilm this one part of the film. Anyways, when I got the timeline done and ready to go I exported it and sent it to Aneesa so that she could start working on the voiceovers, all good till then. Except once I exported it the film lost some of its quality, which didn't look so bad and wouldn't be a problem. But the shots where it was supposed to show Rhia's phone, which was the whole purpose of the scene, got messed up too :(  The brightness was too high and you can't read anything off the screen. This made me really upset because when I'm inside the editing software the shots look perfectly fine, the screen and text are readable, but once I export them they get messed up.

On editing software:


On exported file:


I texted some of my friends asking for help and they gave a few ideas, but for the way the scene was shot, I still think that showing the screen and reading off of it is the easiest choice and one that makes the most sense. They said I could type whatever Rhia is typing on the screen off of the screen and have it like it's popping off of the screen (idk how to explain this) but that would be hard and I'm not even sure how to do it. I'm gonna look for some tutorials and see if I can fix this, but if I can't then I'll have to ask Aneesa to come over once again so we can refilm these like 2 shots which is so annoying and a waste of time, but it is what it is :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....