Wednesday, March 16, 2022

filming/editing day #1!!

 Okayyyyy so after we filmed most of the project on Saturday, I wanted to jump straight into Adobe Premiere Pro (which is the editing system I'm using) and get all the clips together so that I could tell which we needed to redo and what more we needed to add. I.. got a little carried away (I like editing :D) and did a little more than just putting the clips together.



So I got about a minute of footage done, the blank spaces in between some shots are the ones we needed to redo or add, which we filmed on the second day. I'm really liking how this is looking so far, and turns out Premiere isn't that hard to work with, it's quite similar to DaVinci, the software I previously used for projects. 

I reason I chose to switch to Premiere for this project is because:

1- The school provided us with a fREE Premiere subscription so we could use it for our projects, and since DaVinci is usually free, one can assume that Premiere is better.

2- I've seen YouTubers and film producers use Premiere for their projects and they all turn out pretty well so I assumed that was the better route for me.

Of course, I wasn't used to this software so I was worried about not really knowing what to do but the system comes with a free little trial to help you know the basics of the program and that got me on track.

"Offering a clean, easily customizable interface, native support for a huge range of file formats, as well as lightweight proxy workflows, Premiere Pro CC lets you move through projects faster and deliver your best work, even on the tightest deadlines."

Anyways enough of this software talk, back to the filming.

Filming this project has been so fun and honestly so easy. As I said I'm working with a friend from this class, Aneesa, and she's really good at this and very nice! Even her sister who had taken this class before came and helped us out, which was really nice of her. We got most of our shots done in one takes, and did two days of one hour of shooting, which could seem like we didn't do a great job but we did, we just work well together. 

The lights worked so well as well! The red ones might give me a bit of trouble, which I'll have to look up some tints or color editing on Premiere, but the purple one was just perfect. 



I'm really looking forward to continuing to work on this project over Spring Break and hopefully getting a result worthy of a good grade :D. I feel like this is my baby.

Here are some sneak peeks of the film 👀




Sources:


https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/creativecloud/pdfs/ibc/2018-top-reasons-for-premiere.pdf 

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....