Thursday, March 10, 2022

filming preparations!

 
I know I haven't done one of these in a while but I'm so overwhelmed with work right now that I thought I really need it. God, I'm so stressed with this project it's not even funny. I really like my idea and so does my teacher, but it's just so much pressure and I put it on myself because I'm a big perfectionist 😔 Hopefully though, everything will be okay.

Anyways, here's this week (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and next week's schedule before spring break!


As you can see, tomorrow is my first day of filming! I'm so nervous my anxiety levels are through the roof right now, but I'm trying to keep it together and remember this is supposed to be a fun project!!! 
Today I was supposed to gather all the props and everything I needed for filming but I have an issue: I'm not actually sure what props I need! I'm recording in my sister's room which is already a teenager's (or was) bedroom so there isn't much I need to change there, maybe just include more pictures and things like that? I'm not sure. Maybe I'll find someone online or on Pinterest to be my Grace and print out pictures of them?? I'm such a mess 😭

Trying to avoid my problems, I decided to get my camera and filming equipment ready instead! So here's a brief review of them.

Filming Equipment


I decided long ago I wanted to work with colors to develop tone within my piece, but it will also develop the characters and their personalities as well as struggles. I had a hard time finding something I could use because I Had No Idea What I Was Looking For. But alas, my dad helped me pick a light that could work. The only thing is... It's quite tiny. So I kinda maybe sorta ordered four of them :D he was not happy about that and honestly yes it was quite exaggerated but I have no idea how well it will work!! And if it will illuminate the whole room!!! So four was the way to go I want no judgment okay?

 


This is the Ulanzi VL49 RGB Led lamp, a fancy name I know. But here's basically what it does 

·               【 60 high color rendering led beads】,

·               【 Illumination angle up to 120°】

·               【HUE & Brightness & CCT Adjustable】

·               【Large Capacity Battery-Rechargeable】

·               【Magnetic Attraction Design-Magnet】

·               【Small Size-Easy transport】


I really liked these lights because they're small and the magnet thing :O it's gonna help me so much during filming, as well as I saw a video on Amazon that showed it in action and it looked really good!

Now for the camera, unfortunately, I can't afford nor do I have a professional camera, so I'll probably be using my dad's iPhone 13 pro because I heard a lot of good things about the camera quality. In fact, here's some research on it.



 I don't really have much of a choice when it comes to this since this is the best camera I can afford, but based on my research I think it will still be pretty good to work with. There isn't much of a difference between the camera of the iPhone 13 pro and the iPhone 13 (my phone) and so if I cannot use my dad's phone I'll be using mine.

Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....