Saturday, March 5, 2022

back to pinterest i go

 Okay now that the characters are done and I've gotten completely obsessed with them, as one does, I've decided more or less how I want them to dress and everything. Since Grace won't really be in the film opening besides one Instagram post, I will probably just use a random picture of a Pinterest girl or something, no need for casting in that sense. But for Rhia, I need costumes for both her and her clones.

So the idea for Rhia and the clones (that sounds like an old rock band) is that whenever Rhia would be on screen she would be wearing purple, but whenever the clones are on screen they would be wearing red, even better if it's different clothes for each one but keeping the color red. This way it would be easier to distinguish between Rhia and the clones as well as help develop that tone through the colors (my goal :D)

Inspiration Boards



So as you can see, keeping the purple theme for Rhia and contrasting it with the red theme for the clones. Since I haven't discussed what kind of purple and red clothes my actress has with her yet, I'm considering any kind of outfit in that color scheme would work, as long as it is clear what the color is and what it is representing. (full post of chosen clothes and props coming sometime soon :D)

I've also started looking into what LED lights I'm gonna buy and what I want the room to look like, and here are a few boards for that.

✨Inspiration Boards



My idea is I will buy the LED lights (if completely necessary though I'll use some DIY lighting, hopefully, it won't come down to that) and the lights will kind of look like they are coming from outside the room maybe? I don't want it to look like there are LED lights in the room, I want it to look natural almost like the character's aura, but still making sense with the context because she's at a party, and y'know there are these lights at parties I think. 
But anyway, back to the point, whenever the camera is focused on Rhia the lights will be purple, and when they focus on the clones they will be red.

Location: My sister's bedroom

My reasoning to this is, well it is a party in someone's house, and she could've like went up the stairs and looked for an empty room to be alone and not overwhelmed and it was probably the house owner's room (which I've been thinking... it could be Grace's house 👀 could help develop the context for the plot of the movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....