Sunday, February 27, 2022

music and effects searching

Welcome to the start of my music-seeking adventure *cue Indiana Jones music*
No, but really this is gonna be hard because I... have no clue what song I wanna use yet. Yes, I know it'll be some sort of electronic/instrumental because it's copyright free and it's a party song you know? Those are usually electronic. But also I have no clue what good websites for copyright-free music are so it is time for a little research.

I found this website called Uppbeat that required a subscription but I'm looking for some electronic music right now. I want to choose a song that I could possibly match my editing pace to, but at the same time not distract the audience from the main plot of the scene. 

Update I'm vibing too hard these are so cool I FOUND ONE THAT MIGHT BE PERFECT I am making a list.

-Pixel Bullet by Bosnow: gives me so many Euphoria vibes and honestly just so vibey I'm having a great time, and towards the end, I could try the match the editing pace with the songgggg I like this. 
I'm sobbing, crying on the floor, the song is only for premium users 😭. I don't care if I need to pay for this I will honestly. It's also only a minute and a half long so I would have to mess with it a little and loop it maybe.

-Menace by All Good Folks: honestly didn't intrigue me too much at first but it has grown on me. I can match the editing pace pretty well I think and I like that at one point it seems to stop and then continue and I could use that at the point where Rhia accidentally calls Grace... Hmmm, still a work in progress but A good song. ALSO, IT'S FREE SO THAT'S A PLUS.

-Creep by All Good Folks: it's so interesting sounding and not at all what I was picturing for this movie at first but honestly I like it a lot. It takes a lot of twists and turns and so does the scene and it matches the atmosphere, definitely an option. It is only for premium though 😔.

Those are all the ones I could find and like at the moment but I will keep researching and updating this as I go, and I will probably choose the song during the editing process because I want to see which song would fit better.

Now I know what you're thinking. "Julie, did you really only install you're editing software now?" Yes, I did. To be fair, I have been using Da Vinci Resolve this whole year okay! And I have chosen Adobe Premiere Pro for this project (since the school provided it for us) and I've never used it before! I was scared! But I'm finally gonna try and learn how to use this software and report my progress here so stay tuned for that. 
But anyway, the reason I'm installing it now is that I realized I want the music in my opening to be muffled, and I have no idea how to do that in the editing process. So I'm researching how to create that effect with Adobe Premiere Pro (which is currently loading and on 8% something tells me this will take all night). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo9fXqoKys

I have found this video by Mike Russel in which he shows really clearly how to get the muffled audio effect on Adobe Premiere Pro, the only thing is I need to download the presets he showed and I'm not entirely sure if they are free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBEaZMcD48

I also found this video that explained even more how to use the low pass filter for Premiere Pro, especially how to change the muffled level when opening a door which is what I will be doing so I really liked this video for that reason.

I've been searching for half an hour and I cannot find this low pass filter 😭 I'm gonna wait and see if it comes with Adobe Premiere Pro for some reason and if it doesn't then I'll ask my father to help me find it, he's better at technology stuff than I am. But essentially that's the muffled effect I need to use in my piece, and I hope I can find it because I would really like to learn how to use Premiere Pro as my main editing software. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....