Monday, February 21, 2022

i'm so sorry for my drawing skills

 Today I decided that the three most important things I need to get done are the storyboard, casting, and location scounting. There's a lot on my list that I cannot do before I get these three issues resolved, and so the easiest thing for me to do at the moment was the storyboard.

Keep in mind these are rough drafts of what my actual storyboard will be, they are mostly for me to have an organized mental image of the shots I will be needing for my film opening.



Explanation of scene: This scene will star a character with anxiety as I have mentioned before. They will be at a party, therefore there will be blasting muffled music on the background. They have locked themselves in a room because they feel overwhlemed and needed to get out of the party they were dragged into. They sit on the floor of the room and start texting someone (yet to be determined) and what this scene will portray is what goes on inside the mind of an anxious person when they have to deal with social interactions. One by one, random copy or clones of the main character will start appearing in the room with them saying bad things and speaking over each other. They're supposed to symbolize the overwhelming thoughts that an anxious person has to endure everytime they make a decision. These voices and clones will be excruciating to the chracter to a point where they just cover their ears, having some sort of anxiety attack, and scream, but there's no sound, just the blasting muffled music from the party, and will cut to a black screen with the title of the piece.

As I said a lot of this is subject to change as time goes by and I choose my actors and my location. It will also change during the filming process as that is simply natural for a better looking piece. What I think is a smart choice about my shots is I utilize a lot of close ups. These will help build suspense and that sense of overwhelmness the character is feeling and that I want the audience to feel, same goes for the voices all overlapping each other. It is supposed to be a chaotic yet simple scene, one a lot of people will be familiar with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

it was the end of a decade... but the start of an age

 LONG LIVE THE WALLS WE CRASHED THROUGH 😭😭 why have I started the last two blog posts with a song... I'm clearly not mentally stable.....